Cheesy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli {Keto & Low Carb Friendly}


CHEESY RANCH CHICKEN & BROCCOLI {KETO & LOW CARB FRIENDLY}

Growing up my mom used to make a Chicken Divan casserole that I absolutely loved…….until I found out that one of the ingredients was mayonnaise. I absolutely hate mayonnaise. I could be tortured with it and tell every secret I know. Ha!! Every chicken and broccoli casserole recipe I found on Pinterest included mayonnaise as an ingredient. I’m sure you can’t taste it, but I just cannot bring myself to open a jar, smell it, and add it to something I am going to eat. Seriously, I’m like a 2 yr old picky eater. So, I put on my experimenting hat yesterday and started working on a new recipe that would remind me of my mom’s old recipe that was keto friendly and didn’t require mayonnaise. My trusty taste testers (the hubs and kiddos) loved it! In fact, my husband said he could eat the entire pan it was so good. My biggest requirement when I cook is that it has to be easy and keto friendly. I even made this for dinner before Wednesday night church and got kitchen cleaned up before we left. That is an accomplishment! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!


Cheesy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli {Keto & Low Carb Friendly}
Servings: 8
Calories: 355 kcal
Author: Kasey

Ingredients
  • 2 cups cooked chicken breast 3 small breasts
  • 2 tablespoon of butter
  • 1/2 pack ranch seasoning mix
  • 4 oz cream cheese softened.
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 1/2 cup Broccoli (or a 10.8oz steam bag)
  • 2/3 cup chicken broth
  • 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
  • 1/2 cup cheese
  • For the Topping
  • 2 cups cheese
  • 1/2 cup crumbled bacon

Instructions
  1. I cooked my chicken first in a slow cooker on high for 3.5 hrs with a little chicken broth and salt/pepper.
  2. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred.
  3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  4. In an oven-safe skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter.
  5. Next, add ranch seasoning, cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, 1/4 cup crumbled bacon, and 1/2 cup cheese.
  6. Use a whisk to combine ingredients and cook on low for 5 minutes.
  7. If using a steam bag of broccoli follow directions on the bag to steam. Otherwise, steam fresh broccoli in microwave until it reaches desired tenderness while the ranch mixture is simmering.
  8. Add shredded chicken and cooked broccoli to ranch mixture and stir to combine.
  9. Sprinkle 2 cups cheese and 1/2 cup crumbled bacon on top.
  10. Cook in oven for 25 minutes then move to top rack.
  11. Cook on broil 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly and bacon is browned.
Nutrition Facts
Cheesy Ranch Chicken & Broccoli {Keto & Low Carb Friendly}
Amount Per Serving
Calories 355Calories from Fat 243
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27g42%
Saturated Fat 15g75%
Cholesterol 110mg37%
Sodium 577mg24%
Potassium 272mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 2g1%
Protein 24g48%
Vitamin A17.1%
Vitamin C20.1%
Calcium28.7%
Iron5.1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Information based on 8 Servings: 
338 Calories, Carbs 4.3 -0.9 fiber = 3.4 net carbs, Fat 28.2, Protein 16.3 (based on myfitnesspal app)

more recipes @ https://kaseytrenum.com